Hopefully you will enjoy my blog about hunting, fishing, the outdoors, and my artsy-fartsi-ness.
Thanks for visiting.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Decorative Rustic Wall Rack

This project was a birthday gift for my sister from her son.  I really had him do as much as he could, and he was very proud of his work.
This project consisted of 6 pallet boards that I cut into different sizes to give it a puzzle look instead of a brick stagger look.  The flat sheet of wood is what we screwed each pallet board onto and attached large hooks on the back.

My nephew made the pattern he was happy with on the flat board and we screwed all the pallet pieces to it.  This is him sanding the edges nice and smooth.

He chose to stain each board a different color to give it a more rustic look.  He also decided the pattern of the stain being applied as well.  The stain colors are Oak, Driftwood, Kona, and clear.  I know staining all the boards would be easier to do when it is taken apart, but this was his project and he felt happy doing it this way.


After the stain was dry he chose a color of paint (a teal green) and decided to paint some arrows on it.  His family is a very active outdoor family so this was something that would go well in their home.


We decided to attach a couple extra Whitetail antlers that I had so items can be hung from them.  This photo is just an idea of how she can decorate it in her home.  Hopefully she will send me a picture of it decorated how she likes and I will post it below.

My nephew was very proud of his work, and did a great job.


Beçk¥

No comments:

Post a Comment