Hopefully you will enjoy my blog about hunting, fishing, the outdoors, and my artsy-fartsi-ness.
Thanks for visiting.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Raising ducks.

Well, we are farmers now.  We bought 6, 1 day old ducklings yesterday.  They are so sweet and cute, and are living in our family room for a week or two.
this is the rubber bin they are in for now.
 We have a barn, with a room set up for them to move into when the weather warms up.  I hope all goes well with them.  It's a part of life though, living out here where I am that the foxes are around all the time.  My neighbor had thirty guinea hen last year, and only 6 survived after the season.  So I hope for a better turn out.
My daughter Jaden, loving her duckie "Charlie"
We have a pond on our property, and I will be building them a floating house for there safety.  I will keep my blog updated on there life and growth.
They all loved being snuggled into my robe.  


One day old


2 days old




They are Peking ducks.  They should be tall slender, white ducks.  So far my dog is being nice with them.


Dozer and a duck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment