Hopefully you will enjoy my blog about hunting, fishing, the outdoors, and my artsy-fartsi-ness.
Thanks for visiting.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

White wash pallet shelf

This is one of the first pallet projects I've made, and this one was made for my mom.  She wanted to go with a beachy theme. In the center of the pallet there was one long board down the center, so I sawed off the bottom half of the center board to open the lower part up for more displaying.  After that, I started by painting it white.



PAIN IN THE ASS!
Two coats of paint
Once I let it dry over night, we took it out to the barn with an electric sander, and sanded the whole thing till it was fairly smooth.  We also sanded it so the wood was showing through in some spots to give it the "worn beachy" look.  I think it turned out good.  My mom is happy with it.  

2 comments:

  1. Becky - this is so clever and cute! Looks like something you would find in a gift shop in Petoskey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like something you would see in a gift shop in Petoskey!

    ReplyDelete