Hopefully you will enjoy my blog about hunting, fishing, the outdoors, and my artsy-fartsi-ness.
Thanks for visiting.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Day two on the barns treasure hunt

That's a lot of Walnust!  Love the log beams.

Items laying in the walnut rubble.

Brought the items in the house.

small box found

some kind of tooth brush or something,  Says Dr. WEST'S Miracle Tuft

Add caption
Okay, well today began the second day of my treasure hunt in the barn.  Inside of the barn is a room (100 years ago it was probably a stall), I was looking up at the ceiling of the stall versus the ceiling of the rest of that barn and noticed there's a foot and a half gap.  So I climbed a ladder, pulled one old board off the side, and stuck my hand in to snap a few pics in the dark.  What did I find?  a couple thousand walnuts, a bunch more shreds of news papers, an old measuring stick, pencils, some kind of a toothbrush, a small black box with a label that says Detroit Tap & tool Co. , lots of old and different clothes pins.  There is so much more in there I'm sure, but I can only reach the broom in so far to drag it out.  Ya know, I've always loved the whole thought of "treasure hunting". 

No comments:

Post a Comment