Hopefully you will enjoy my blog about hunting, fishing, the outdoors, and my artsy-fartsi-ness.
Thanks for visiting.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Scrabble your brains out!

  
This is probably my most favorite project I have ever made.  I think this truly was my first project that when I was done, I thought "I can make all kinds of SHIT".  So about 8 years ago I went to a thrift shop and got this ugly ass side table, brown and nasty looking, I think I might have paid a whole dollar.  I first spray painted it black.  That was it, I thought "wow, look what I did, I made it like new".  Then I went to Michaels craft store, and stumbled upon scrap booking paper in the scrabble board design, and a sheet of scrabble pieces.  So then I thought, "maybe I can glue the paper game board on that ugly table, cut out a bunch of the scrabble paper pieces and scatter them all over the table and it's one leg in the middle".  So I did that, and thought to my self "Holy Shit, I am actually creating something here", I went back to Michaels to tell the worker what I did, and ask if I should spray it with clear spray paint to protect it.......and then I was turned on to Mod Podge. Oh god, I sealed that thing top to bottom, probably three times,  I also added some crackle paint to it, just to give it a very oldish look.  I really love this table, I still have it, we as a family play scrabble on it.  It's a great conversation piece.  Of all the things I have made and repurposed, this table gets the most attention.  Very sad for me..........I have not been able to find that same scrabble scrap booking paper since shortly after I made the table.  I was told it was discontinued.  Bummer.  I would love to make more of these some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment