Hopefully you will enjoy my blog about hunting, fishing, the outdoors, and my artsy-fartsi-ness.
Thanks for visiting.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Stupid cat house, but it's cool



Woah, this is weird.  Ok, it's like a diary, craft spot, therapy, swearing station, Whatever.  I am hoping to put all my crafty stuff on here.  What I make, how I make it.  I guess the first thing I will start with is the stupid ass cat house I made last fourth of July.  Why?  I don't know.  I like to do the dumbest shit.  I built this house for my kids cats (outside cats/barn cats) and It ended up being really cool, and pretty rad.  It is all built from scrap crap around my garage and barn.  The only things I bought for it was the little foofie decorations on the outside.  I built the whole thing, carpeted the whole inside including the loft , yeah it has a loft inside.  After the actual house itself was built I started to get a little crazy, feeling like I needed to add ventilation in the back, so I drilled a couple big holes, covered them with a mesh and the covered that with a vent cover.  After that was done, I thought "Jeeez, What if it is raining"?, so I built the covered porch on the front.  Finally, when I talked my husband into helping me level it up in a tree in the back yard, I decided to carpet the tree as-well.  SO STUPID, I know.  But it's really funny, a conversation piece, and the kids and cats like it.  And Yes, the cats use it, but they do have a heated room in our barn, so they have spent a lot of the winter in the barn, but the whole summer and fall they loved their "tree house".  It's been up for almost 9 months, it's still holding up great, dry inside, but I am going to take the carpet off the tree when the weather warms up.  The cats do not need carpet to climb a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment