Hopefully you will enjoy my blog about hunting, fishing, the outdoors, and my artsy-fartsi-ness.
Thanks for visiting.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Treasure hunt in the barn.

lifted this dark board to clean under it.

flattened it out as carefully as I could

Monday August 19, 1929

Going to the circus

A night of fun and dancing maybe.

romantic


Kids getting a "lickin".  they spelled parents "parunts"


Love the michigan stuff

Okay, we have lived in our house for almost a year, and I have decided to make our barn into my workshop.  It's all going really well.  The inside of the barn has finished walls, but I needed some character in there, so I took one entire Wall off to expose the original barn beams.  I love it.  The trusses/beams along the top of the barn are huge long tree trunks notched out like Lincoln logs.  Well, today I decided to do a little deeper clean up, and I pulled up one old board to clean the dirt out from under it and I found a long wadded up news paper!  TREASURE!!  Before I opened it to take a look, I had to get my husband out there with me to see it.  It is totally crumpled up, so I was scared, but wanted to be the one to open it up so if it got ripped I could only be mad at myself.  To my major shock, the date on the news paper is Monday, August 19th 1929!  It is the Flint Daily Journal.  There are some really neat articles and ads on it.








                                  ßeck¥

No comments:

Post a Comment